THIS SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART.
Unpack your opinions about packaging by completing our 8th annual Unboxing Survey
If you’ve got an opinion about the packaging being used by online retailers, you’re in the right place. We want to know all about your unboxing experiences!
Simply click through to take part in our survey. All completed entries will be entered into our prize draw, if you choose to opt in to it. Make sure you read he terms and conditions below.
While you wait for the 2023 results, you can view the 2022 Unboxing Survey results here!
Complete the survey
This survey is now closed, check back soon to see the 2023 results. In the meantime, check out the 2022 results.
At Macfarlane Packaging we’re on a mission to ensure your online shopping ends with a great unboxing experience.
Every year conduct a survey to understand the standard of the packaging that’s used to ship your online shopping.
- Does the packaging used meet your expectations?
- Do you enjoy unpacking newly purchased items from branded packaging?
- Is the packaging sustainable in your opinion?
- Are you frustrated by retailers using too much packaging or damaged product?
- Does the packaging retailers use influence your buying decisions?
Take part in our 8th annual unboxing survey to help us understand retailer trends and ensure that all your online purchases arrive in packaging that is easy to open, easy to return and eco-friendly!
If you have a question about the survey or prize draw, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
8 prizes to celebrate 8 years of research – take our 2023 unboxing survey for your chance to win!
You might love the product you ordered online but how was the packaging it was sent in? We are running the UK’s largest unboxing survey for the 8th year to get a better understanding of your unboxing experience.
Just complete our short survey and upload a photo of the item you purchased inside the packaging. You will then be entered into a prize draw to win one of the fantastic prizes! Check out the T&Cs below. THIS SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED, PLEASE REFER TO THE TERM AND CONDITIONS, TO SEE WHEN THE PRIZE DRAW WILL BE COMPLETED.
First Prize – £250 shopping voucher
A £250 One4All voucher or you can choose to donate this to a charity of your choice
Second Prize – £125 spa voucher
Take a break and relax. Enjoy a getaway with a £125 SpaBreaks.com gift voucher
Third Prize – The Velvetiser
Worth £100, this Dualit-engineered Hotel Chocolat machine takes hot chocolate to the next level.
Fourth Prize – Kindle (2022)
The lightest and most compact Kindle, read comfortably in any environment. Worth £85.
Fifth Prize – TV Soundbar
Worth £60 the Panasonic HTB100 will deliver an immersive sound experience.
Sixth Prize – Apple AirTag
Do you lose thing all the time? Keep track of your stuff with the Apple AirTag, worth £30.
Seventh Prize – Food Hamper
Social Stories conscious collection features a range of ethical snacks. Worth £25.
Eighth Prize – £20 shopping voucher
A £20 Love2Shop shopping voucher, so you can get get your hands on another unboxing experience.
***PLEASE NOTE orders from marketplace and auction sites including eBay, Amazon, eBuyer, TikTok shop etc. cannot be submitted.***
IMPORTANT: Before taking the survey please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.
Terms & Conditions
- Surveys must be completed in full to qualify for entry to the prize draw.
- Orders from marketplace and auction sites including eBay, Amazon, eBuyer etc. cannot be submitted.
- You may complete the survey more than once, but the item should be from a different retailer.
- Items must be purchased from online retailers. If we have reason to believe that your item is not a genuine order we have the right to refuse your entry.
- The survey will open on Monday, 3rd July 2023 and close on Monday, 21st August 2023 at 23:59. Macfarlane Group UK Ltd has the right to withdraw this promotion at any point before this date.
- Prize draws will be held by Friday 8th September 2023 and the winners will be notified via email. The winners will also be announced on Macfarlane Packaging’s social media platforms. Winners will be notified no later than 30th September 2023.
- There are eight individual prizes available in the draw. First Prize: £250 One4All Shopping voucher or the winner can choose to donate all or a portion of this to a charity of their choice, second prize: £125 SpaBreaks.com gift voucher, third prize: Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser worth £100, fourth prize: a 2022 Kindle worth £85, fifth prize: a Panasonic HTB100 worth £60, sixth prize: an Apple AirTag worth £30, seventh prize: a food hamper worth £25, and eighth prize: a £20 Love2Shop shopping voucher
- The prizes are as stated and no cash or alternatives will be offered.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Eight winners will be chosen at random at the end of the survey.
- If you do not want to be entered in the prize draw, you have the option to opt-out during the survey.
- The prize draw is open to residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 and above who provide their email address.
- If the winner of the draw does not respond within 14 days, Macfarlane Group UK Ltd reserves the right to hold another draw to select a new winner.
- Macfarlane Group UK Ltd accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by Macfarlane Group UK Ltd.
- Macfarlane Group UK Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the prize draw or accepting the prize.
- The decision of Macfarlane Group UK Ltd in all matters under its control is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees of Macfarlane Group UK Ltd or any associated company of Macfarlane Group UK Ltd are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
- Entrants into the Prize draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of the prize draw is Macfarlane Group UK Ltd, Siskin Parkway East, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, CV3 4PE.