Polythene Sheets For Every Use from Macfarlane Packaging
Macfarlane Packaging offers an extensive selection of polythene sheets, including protective sheeting, pallet top sheets, and more. Our polythene sheets are a staple in warehouses, providing the utmost protection for pallets and various other goods during storage and transit.
Our range includes both pallet top sheets and centrefold polythene sheets, catering to diverse packaging needs. With over 16 different widths and various roll lengths available, you can effortlessly tailor the sheet size to your specific requirements.
Our polythene sheets come in various thicknesses, ranging from extra light to heavy-duty, ensuring that you have the right level of protection for your goods. Whether you’re safeguarding delicate products or heavy-duty machinery, we’ve got you covered.
At Macfarlane Packaging, we’re committed to sustainability. Our polythene sheets are not only durable but can also be be recycled, reducing their impact on the environment.
Choose Macfarlane Packaging’s polythene sheets for superior protection, versatility, and eco-conscious packaging solutions. Trust in our expertise to safeguard your valuable goods throughout their journey.
Quick facts about our range of polythene sheets
- Choose from pallet top sheets and centrefold polythene sheets.
- Warehouse essentials to protect pallets and other goods.
- Extra light, light, medium and heavy-duty thicknesses available.
- Our polythene sheets can be recycled.
Our range of Pallet Top Sheets
|Buy or Enquire|
|223759||Extra Light||Clear||1800 x 1800||500||BUY ONLINE|
|003084||Standard||Clear||1800 x 1800||150||BUY ONLINE|
|002694||Heavy||Black||1800 x 1500||150||BUY ONLINE|
|003083||Heavy||Clear||1800 x 1800||150||BUY ONLINE|
Our range of Centrefold Polythene Sheets
|Buy or Enquire|
|000728||Light||2m folded to 1m||150||1 Roll||ENQUIRE NOW|
|000729||Light||4m folded to 2m||75||1 Roll||BUY ONLINE|
|000311||Medium||2m folded to 1m||100||1 Roll||BUY ONLINE|
|000312||Medium||4m folded to 2m||50||1 Roll||BUY ONLINE|
|000315||Heavy||2m folded to 1m||50||1 Roll||BUY ONLINE|
|000316||Heavy||4m folded to 2m||25||1 Roll||BUY ONLINE|
Environmental Impact Rating – Polythene Sheets
Our Environmental Impact Rating (EIR) shows an OPRL recycling label, the recycling category of the packaging material and the recycled content contained in the material. Here is the EIR for our range of polythene sheets.
Polythene Sheeting FAQs
What is plastic sheeting used for?
Plastic sheeting, also known as polythene sheeting, serves various purposes in packaging:
- Protection: It’s often used to protect products from dust, dirt, and moisture during storage and transportation.
- Pallet Top Sheets: Placed on top of pallets, these sheets provide an extra layer of protection against dust, debris, and potential damage.
- Wrapping: Plastic sheeting can be used to wrap individual items, providing a barrier against environmental elements.
- Cushioning: When layered or scrunched, plastic sheeting can offer cushioning and protection for delicate or fragile items.
- Waterproofing: It helps to keep products dry, making it suitable for items susceptible to moisture damage.
- Custom Printing: Plastic sheets can be customised with branding or handling instructions, enhancing brand visibility.
- Dividers: When cut and folded, plastic sheeting can serve as dividers between layers of products in a pallet or shipping container.
In essence, plastic sheeting is a versatile and adaptable packaging material used for protection, cushioning, and various other applications across industries.
What can polythene sheets protect?
Polythene sheets are versatile packaging materials that can be used to protect a wide range of items during storage, transit, and handling. Here are some of the things that polythene sheets can protect:
- Products: Polythene sheets can be used to wrap individual products, protecting them from dust, dirt, and moisture. This is particularly useful for items with sensitive surfaces or finishes.
- Pallets: Pallet top sheets made from polythene are placed on top of palletised goods to shield them from dust, debris, and potential damage during transport and storage.
- Furniture: Polythene sheets are often used to cover furniture items to prevent scratches, scuffs, and dust build up during moving or storage.
- Electronics: Delicate electronic equipment, such as TVs and computers, can be wrapped in polythene sheets to safeguard them from moisture and dust.
- Textiles: Fabrics, clothing, and linens can be protected from moisture and dirt by wrapping them in polythene sheets.
- Food Products: Polythene sheets with food-grade properties are used to protect and preserve food items, ensuring they remain fresh and uncontaminated.
- Machinery: Industrial equipment and machinery can be covered with polythene sheets to shield them from environmental factors and corrosion.
- Artwork: Valuable artwork, paintings, and prints can be carefully wrapped in polythene sheets to safeguard them from moisture and physical damage.
- Documents: Important documents and files can be stored in polythene sheet envelopes to protect them from moisture and wear.
- Metal Products: Polythene sheets can be used to prevent rust and corrosion on metal products by creating a moisture-resistant barrier.
In summary, polythene sheets are a versatile packaging solution that can be tailored to protect a wide variety of items, making them an essential tool in many industries for preserving product integrity and quality.
How do you apply protective sheeting?
Applying protective sheeting in packaging is a straightforward process, but it requires careful handling to ensure that the items you’re protecting are fully covered and shielded from potential damage. Here are the general steps for applying protective sheeting:
- Prepare Your Workspace. Clear the area where you will be working to create a clean and organized space. Ensure you have all the necessary materials, including the protective sheeting and any other packaging supplies you need.
- Inspect the Items. Examine the items you’re packaging to identify any vulnerable areas that need protection. Look for fragile surfaces, corners, or edges that are susceptible to damage.
- Cut the Sheet to Size. Measure the protective sheeting against the item or pallet you’re protecting and cut it to the appropriate size. Ensure that the sheeting fully covers the item with some excess to secure it properly.
- Wrap or Cover the Item. Depending on the item’s size and shape, you can either wrap it completely in the protective sheeting or use individual sheets to cover specific areas. For pallets, use pallet top sheets to cover the entire surface.
- Secure the Sheet. Use packaging tape or stretch film to secure the protective sheeting in place. Make sure the sheeting is taut and free from wrinkles or loose areas that could be caught during handling.
- Label or Mark if Necessary. If the protective sheeting conceals important information or labels, ensure that this information is visible by labelling or marking the sheeting as needed.
- Complete Packaging. Once the protective sheeting is in place, continue with the rest of your packaging process, such as adding additional packaging materials, sealing the package, and labelling for shipment.
- Document. Keep a record or documentation of the items you’ve protected, especially if they have specific handling or storage requirements.
Remember that the specific steps may vary depending on the type of protective sheeting and the items being packaged. Always follow any manufacturer instructions and industry best practices to ensure proper protection.
Custom Polythene Sheeting
Macfarlane Packaging offers a tailored solution for your protective needs with our custom Polythene Sheets. Whether you require Protective Sheeting or Pallet Top Sheets, our versatile Polythene Sheets are fully adjustable. Choose from various sheet sizes, thicknesses, and colours to suit your precise requirements.
Enhance your brand visibility by taking advantage of our custom printing service. Imprint your logo and essential information on these sheets to make a lasting impression. Trust Macfarlane Packaging for high-quality, customisable Polythene Sheets designed to safeguard your products during storage and shipping.
Protective Sheeting wholesale available across the UK and beyond. You can have Polythene sheets delivered to you from one of our regional distribution centres. UK delivery is available to and around the following locations:
Aberdeen, Aylesbury, Banbury, Barnsley, Bath, Bedford, Bicester, Birmingham , Bolton, Bradford, Bridgewater, Bridport, Bristol, Burton-upon-Trent , Cambridge, Chelmsford , Cheltenham, Chester , Chichester, Colchester Cornwall, Coventry, Crewe, Derby, Devon, Dewsbury, Dudley, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Essex, Exeter, Fareham, Gateshead, Glasgow Glossop Gloucester, Grantham, Harlow, Heathrow, Hemel Hempstead, Hereford, High Wycombe, Horsham, Hull, Inverness, Isle of Wight, Kent, Kidderminster, Lancaster Leamington Spa, Leeds, Lincoln, Liverpool , London , Luton , Manchester, Middlesborough, Milton Keynes, Newbury, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Norfolk, North Wales , Northampton, Nottingham , Oldham, Oxford , Plymouth, Reading, Salisbury, Sheffield, Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury, Slough, Somerset , Somerton, South Shields, South Wales, Stafford, Stockport , Stoke-on-Trent , Stratford-Upon-Avon, Sudbury, Sunderland, Surrey, Sussex , Teesside, Telford, Uxbridge, Wakefield, Walsall, Warrington, Warwick , Watford, Wigan, Windsor, Wolverhampton, Worcester, Wrexham, Yeovil, York.