PVC Vinyl Tape from Macfarlane Packaging
Vinyl tape, or PVC tape, is a very durable, flexible packaging tape. It provides a high degree of security and is easy to use. Macfarlane PVC tapes are made from 32-micron vinyl and use a solvent adhesive to ensure long-lasting sealing.
Our vinyl tape range includes clear packaging tape, brown packaging tape, and white packaging tape. There are five different widths and two roll lengths available. Vinyl tape is suitable for tough transit conditions as it is incredibly durable and hardwearing.
This type of tape is great for sealing a wide range of packaging. It’s ideal for sealing items going into storage, as it provides a long-lasting closure.
Our range of Premium PVC Vinyl Tapes
(mm x mm)
|Buy or Enquire|
|000711||Clear||Standard||12 x 66||32||75||144||ENQUIRE NOW|
|000714||Clear||Standard||19 x 66||32||75||96||ENQUIRE NOW|
|000715||Clear||Standard||25 x 66||32||75||72||BUY NOW|
|000803||Buff||Standard||25 x 66||32||75||72||BUY NOW|
|009024||Clear||Standard||48 x 66||32||75||36||BUY NOW|
|009026||White||Standard||48 x 66||32||75||36||BUY NOW|
|009025||Buff||Standard||48 x 66||32||75||36||BUY NOW|
|000405||Buff||Standard||48 x 132||32||75||36||ENQUIRE NOW|
|000719||Clear||Standard||75 x 66||32||75||24||BUY NOW|
|000801||Buff||Standard||75 x 66||32||75||24||BUY NOW|
|000896||Buff||Heavy||48 x 66||60||75||36||BUY NOW|
|000889||Buff||Heavy||75 x 66||60||75||24||ENQUIRE NOW|
Environmental Impact Rating – PVC Vinyl Tapes
Our Environmental Impact Rating (EIR) shows an OPRL recycling label, the recycling category of the packaging material and the recycled content contained in the material.
Download our FREE packing tape guide
Our FREE guide to packing tape will help you:
- Find information about different packing tape available from Macfarlane Packaging including polypropylene tape, paper tape and more.
- Learn about packaging automation, packaging and recycling in relation to packaging tape.
- Find answers to some of the frequently asked questions related to packing tape.
- Help find the right packing tape solution for your business with guides to material type and packing tape adhesives.
PVC Vinyl Tapes FAQs
What is vinyl tape used for?
Vinyl tape, also known as PVC tape (Polyvinyl Chloride tape), plays a crucial role in packaging applications due to its remarkable properties that enhance the security and presentation of packaged goods. Here are some key uses of vinyl tape in packaging:
- Carton Sealing: Vinyl tape is commonly employed to seal and secure cardboard boxes and cartons. Its strong adhesive properties ensure that packages remain sealed during transit, preventing accidental openings and protecting the contents.
- Tamper-Evident Sealing: Vinyl tape is frequently used to provide tamper-evident sealing for packages. When properly applied, any tampering or unauthorized access becomes readily apparent, enhancing the security of valuable or sensitive shipments.
- Colour Coding: Different colours of vinyl tape are used to colour code packages and cartons. This is especially useful in warehouses and distribution centres for efficient sorting and identification of goods.
- Custom Branding: Vinyl tape can be customized with branding, logos, or messages. This not only secures packages but also offers an opportunity to enhance the brand’s visibility and recognition.
- Decorative Packaging: For retail and gifting purposes, vinyl tape comes in a variety of colours and patterns, making it an excellent choice for creating attractive and festive packaging designs.
- Protection from Elements: In situations where packages may be exposed to moisture or mild weather conditions, vinyl tape can add an extra layer of protection to prevent water damage and maintain package integrity.
- Labelling and Marking: Vinyl tape can be used for labelling packages, marking special handling instructions, or indicating contents. It provides a durable labelling solution that can withstand various environments.
- Repair and Reinforcement: In packaging, vinyl tape can be used to repair damaged boxes or reinforce weak spots in packaging materials, ensuring that shipments arrive in good condition.
- Secure Bundling: When multiple items need to be bundled together for shipping or storage, vinyl tape can be used to secure and hold them in place, reducing the risk of items shifting or becoming separated.
- Easy Opening: Some vinyl tape variants are designed for easy and clean removal, making them ideal for applications where the package needs to be opened without damaging its contents or leaving residue.
Vinyl tape’s versatility, strength, and adaptability make it a valuable tool in the world of packaging, where its various functions contribute to the protection, identification, and visual appeal of packaged goods.
What is the difference between PVC and vinyl tape?
“PVC tape” and “vinyl tape” are often used interchangeably because they are very similar products. Both are types of adhesive tape made from a vinyl (Polyvinyl Chloride or PVC) backing material and are coated with various types of adhesives. However, the main difference typically lies in the terminology and regional usage:
- Terminology: In some regions, the term “PVC tape” is more commonly used, while in others, “vinyl tape” is the preferred term. Both refer to the same type of tape.
- Adhesive Types: The adhesive used on both PVC and vinyl tapes can vary. Some may use rubber-based adhesive, while others may use acrylic-based adhesive. The choice of adhesive can affect factors such as adhesion strength, durability, and suitability for specific applications.
- Applications: PVC or vinyl tape is used for a wide range of applications, including electrical insulation, colour coding, floor marking, bundling, and sealing. The choice of tape depends on the specific requirements of the application.
- Colour and Varieties: PVC or vinyl tape is available in various colours and thicknesses to suit different purposes. Some varieties are designed for specific applications, such as electrical insulation, and may have unique properties.
- Durability: Depending on the specific formulation and brand, the durability of PVC or vinyl tape can vary. Some tapes are designed to withstand exposure to UV rays, moisture, and harsh environments, while others may be more suitable for indoor use.
- Regulations and Standards: In certain industries, like electrical work, there may be specific regulations and standards that dictate the use of PVC or vinyl tape with specified characteristics to ensure safety and compliance.
In summary, the terms “PVC tape” and “vinyl tape” generally refer to the same type of tape made from vinyl or PVC backing material. The specific characteristics and suitability of the tape depend on factors like the type of adhesive used, the colour, thickness, and any specialized properties designed for specific applications. Therefore, it’s important to select the tape that best matches the requirements of your task or project.
PVC vinyl tape customisation
Most types of tape offered by Macfarlane Packaging can be customised. We can provide a range of colours to suit brand requirements and print logos, brand, or other messages. Ask us for more information about custom PVC and vinyl tape.
PVC Tape wholesale available across the UK and beyond. You can have PVC Tape delivered to you from one of our regional distribution centres. UK delivery is available to and around the following locations:
Aberdeen, Aylesbury, Banbury, Barnsley, Bath, Bedford, Bicester, Birmingham , Bolton, Bradford, Bridgewater, Bridport, Bristol, Burton-upon-Trent , Cambridge, Chelmsford , Cheltenham, Chester , Chichester, Colchester Cornwall, Coventry, Crewe, Derby, Devon, Dewsbury, Dudley, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Essex, Exeter, Fareham, Gateshead, Glasgow Glossop Gloucester, Grantham, Harlow, Heathrow, Hemel Hempstead, Hereford, High Wycombe, Horsham, Hull, Inverness, Isle of Wight, Kent, Kidderminster, Lancaster Leamington Spa, Leeds, Lincoln, Liverpool , London , Luton , Manchester, Middlesborough, Milton Keynes, Newbury, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Norfolk, North Wales , Northampton, Nottingham , Oldham, Oxford , Plymouth, Reading, Salisbury, Sheffield, Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury, Slough, Somerset , Somerton, South Shields, South Wales, Stafford, Stockport , Stoke-on-Trent , Stratford-Upon-Avon, Sudbury, Sunderland, Surrey, Sussex , Teesside, Telford, Uxbridge, Wakefield, Walsall, Warrington, Warwick , Watford, Wigan, Windsor, Wolverhampton, Worcester, Wrexham, Yeovil, York.