Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
Package: Basic salary up to £26,000 plus bonus & flexible benefits package including up to 27 days holiday (Plus additional annual leave purchasing scheme)
Hours: 45 hours across Monday-Friday Only
Sector: Packaging distribution
We, the UK’s largest packaging distributor have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join our logistics team based in Fareham. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions ‘dignity in the workplace’. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. As a leading distributor, logistics is at the very heart of what we do best. Welcoming dedicated new people into our business who have a passion for delivering excellence is key to our continued success.
The Warehouse Operative Role
Becoming an integral part of our local logistics team, the warehouse operative will play a key role in ensuring that customer orders are fulfilled accurately and on time. Undertaking a range of warehouse related duties including forklift driving and encompassing both goods ‘in’ and ‘out’, you will be expected to maintain close working ties with all areas of the site including the sales and purchasing teams.
Warehouse Operative Key Responsibilities
- Accept deliveries from suppliers, ensuring goods are stored in the appropriate location.
- Pick, load and despatch goods to the customer base in a timely manner
- Receive and process customer or supplier returns
- Participate in stock counts, when necessary.
- Maintain high standards of customer service at all times to suppliers and customers.
- Work in partnership with the Sales office to ensure customer delivery dates/times are achieved.
- Work in a constructive manner and promote co-operation between departments and RDCs across the group.
- Comply with regulatory requirements.
- Work within the Company’s ISO9001 and ISO14001 policies.
Do you have the correct profile?
We are welcoming applications from experienced warehouse/logistics operatives who have experience of driving forklifts. You will ideally have a valid licence for driving both reach & counterbalance forklift trucks (although for the right candidate we could provide training if one of the licences is missing). You will enjoy working within a team environment, have a flexible and positive work attitude with strong communication skills. It’s important that you are ‘health & safety aware’ whilst having enjoyed balanced exposure to both goods ‘in’ and ‘out’. It would also be useful if you are used to working in fast-paced environment where you need to use your own initiative at times.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds irrespective of your age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, or sexual orientation. Should you require any specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits package can include: –
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Additional Holiday purchasing scheme (run annually)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking at the majority of our site locations
- Annual (company paid) volunteering day
- Range of company cars or cash allowance (including hybrid/electric) for qualifying job roles
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
- Enhanced HR policies relating to various employee rights & entitlements
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
- Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies)
Your future with us
Here at Macfarlane Group, you truly have the potential to shape your own future and set your own ambitions. We are a large group company where internal promotion and mobility is a key feature of our success. Through tailored career plans, we provide a wide range of structure training & development pathways, utilizing both inhouse expertise to share knowledge and the best-in-class external training partners. There is potential access to management & leadership development, and we work closely with recognized, accredited bodies including the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM); So there really are no limits to where your journey within Macfarlane Group may take you.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting the successful candidate to commence with us ASAP. Please note that we often conduct our first stage interviews via video. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.