Warehouse Team Leader
Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
Warehouse Team Leader
Hours: 40 per week, Monday to Friday 07:00 – 15:00 or 15:15 – 23:15
Package: Basic Salary £27,102 (rising to £30,035) + Bonus and other benefits
Part of Macfarlane Packaging, GWP is one of the UK's leading packaging manufacturing businesses and we are seeking to employ a Warehouse Team Leader to join our established team. You will become part of a business established for more than 30 years, with a strong history of producing sustainable and environmentally friendly packaging.
The Warehouse Team Leader Role
This is well suited to someone with experience of working in a warehouse and history of leading a team. You will have responsibility for a small team of Warehouse Operatives, the equipment in your area, housekeeping, efficiency of the process and quality in terms of picking and shipping correct quantities. You will be the point of contact between the Warehouse Manager and your team as well as working closely with finishing section of the Production team. Accuracy, enthusiasm, and hard work are key to this role.
Warehouse Team Leader Key Responsibilities
- A proactive and hands on approach to Warehouse Operations
- Co-ordinate daily picking and action loading plans as assigned by Warehouse Manager
- Action robust goods in quality checks and supplier booking in promptly
- Improve stock accuracy and maintain pro-active stock checking
- Hold the team accountable for performance and quality of picking and housekeeping standards.
- Build and develop the Warehouse team making sure people are adequately trained with consultation with the Warehouse Manager
- Engage the team by giving them daily structure and direction in an enthusiastic manner
- Ensure all safety requirements and training are always adhered to
If you have any or all the following skills and experience, you will be a good fit for this position. However, if you have similar experience working within a maintenance/manufacturing environment and can demonstrate transferrable skills, please get in touch.
- Forklift Trained (Reach and Counterbalance)
- Previous Team Leading experience
- Experience of Warehouse Scanning Systems
- Experience of loading and unloading vehicles
Benefits You’ll Receive
You will earn a competitive basic starting salary alongside a generous and achievable annual bonus scheme.
Additional benefits you will receive include:
- Annual bonus scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus all public/bank holidays
- Long service awards (10-40 years)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Employee assistance program (EAP) to support and advise with well-being and any issues
How to Apply / Next Steps
The Warehouse Team Leader position is an urgent appointment. As such, GWP will be working to swiftly identify and review the best applicants to select the ideal candidate to commence as soon as possible. Please click 'Apply' to make an application, ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, and shortlisted applicants will typically hear from us within two to three weeks. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of the process. However, if you haven't heard from us within four weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.