Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
Based: Swindon Area
Package: Annual salary up to £50,000 (dependent on experience) plus company car, commission/bonus (OTE circa £58k) & Company benefits
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week (Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00)
Sector: Packaging design & manufacture
GWP Group are a leading, Southwest based packaging manufacturer and part of Macfarlane Packaging (the UK’s largest packaging distributor). Join us as a Sales Manager and you will become part of a business that has been established for more than 30 years and one which has a strong history of producing sustainable and environmentally friendly packaging.
The Sales Manager Role
This role is a hands-on sales management position focused on delivering the highest levels of service to our customers. Focused on a sales area within a twenty-five-mile radius of Swindon, this role is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organization where you will be a key member of a small, dedicated sales team. Please note the role will be anchored to our offices (based in Cricklade) but require regular travel to meet with customers and prospects.
Reporting to the Sales Director, your role will involve the following activities:
- Dealing with Major customers to thoroughly understand their industry/sector, current state and positioning to match their needs and exceed expectations
- Developing existing and new customers to maintain a strong sales pipeline
- Managing and motivating the sales team to ensure consistent customer service and target achievement
- Budget management
- Working with the senior management team to formulate, agree and execute a sales strategy & deliver sustainable growth
- Identifying & exploiting key target markets
- Working closely with all departments including the internal sales & marketing teams to drive sales across new and existing customers
- Compiling and analyzing sales figures & data
We are welcoming applications from senior B2B sales professionals who can demonstrate the ability to aid and develop business growth. Coupled with this, our ideal candidate will also have the following transferable skills and traits…
- Excellent Sales & Negotiation Skills
- Appreciation of excellent customer service and ability to deliver this
- Proven (B2B sales) experience with a solid record of achieving sales targets
- Ability to motive & lead a sales team
- Strong commercial business acumen
- Comfortable negotiating at all business levels
- Budget & reporting skills
- Sound IT competency (MS Office & CRM systems etc)
- Honest with real integrity
- Tenacious, enthusiastic & determined
- First rate communication skills
- Good planning & organizational skill
- Able to work calmly when under pressure
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds irrespective of your age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, or sexual orientation. Should you require any specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
Benefits You’ll Receive
You will earn a competitive basic starting salary alongside a generous and achievable annual bonus scheme. Additional benefits you will receive include:
- Company Car
- Sales commission scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Healthcare insurance and death in service benefit (on successful completion of probation)
- 23 days annual leave plus all public/bank holidays
- Long service awards (10-40 years)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Employee assistance program (EAP) to support and advise with well-being and any issues
How to Apply / Next Steps
The Sales Manager position is a crucial position within the business. As such, GWP will be working to swiftly identify and review the very best applicants to select the ideal candidate. Please click ‘Apply’ to make an application, ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, and shortlisted applicants will typically hear from us within two to three weeks. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of the process. However, if you haven’t heard from us within four weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.