Production Shift Leader
Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
Production Shift Leader
Location: Cricklade, Swindon
Hours of work: 40 Hours per week, (Monday to Friday 14:30 – 22:30)
Package: Basic Annual Salary up to £35,000 (dependent on experience)
plus, Bonus & Benefits
Part of Macfarlane Packaging, GWP is one of the UK's leading packaging manufacturing businesses and we are seeking to hire a Production Shift Leader to join our established team. You will become part of a business established for more than 30 years, with a strong history of producing sustainable and environmentally friendly packaging. Being part of Macfarlane PLC (the UK's largest packaging distributor) and experiencing strong growth over the past three years.
The Production Shift Leader Role
The Production Shift Leader role will oversee a team of 2 Team Leaders and approximately 20+ full time staff. This role is responsible for overseeing the shift operations, ensuring that the goods are produced efficiently, on time and to a high standard as per the customers’ specification. The role is responsible for completing the daily plan and holding Team Leaders accountable for the team’s performance. This role would suit someone who is very hands on but can also step back and see the bigger picture and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
Production Shift Leader Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Production Manager, your role will involve the following activities:
- Liaise with the day shift to ensure a smooth transition between shifts.
- Oversee the production process, co-ordinate production plans ensuring resources are allocated appropriately
- Own process efficiency for the shift, both driving improvements and delegating tasks to the team;
- Follow the daily plan and be able to tweak the plan as required to meet customer requirements.
- Building and developing production team; ensuring people are adequately trained and held accountable to meet performance criteria.
- Conduct inductions on new staff and appraising of existing team members.
- Ensure all safety requirements and training are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for the upward communication of issues as and when required and handover communications.
- To improve attendance on Shift by conducting Return to Work Interviews
- To carry out Disciplinary hearings as required for the Shift
If you have any or all of the following skills and experience, you will be a good fit for this position. However, if you have similar experience working within a production/manufacturing environment and can demonstrate transferrable skills, please get in touch.
- Previous Team Leading, supervisory or management experience in a manufacturing facility;
- Use of IT systems including MS Office and some type of MRP/Production Planning package;
- Working with heavy manufacturing machinery;
- Experience of coaching and mentoring staff;
Experience on the following machines / areas could be advantageous:
- Experience working with corrugated materials. Printing / Die cutting / Finishing.
- H&S qualification (IOSH)
- Counterbalance Forklift License
- First aid at work qualification
Benefits You’ll Receive
You will earn a competitive basic starting salary alongside a generous and achievable annual bonus scheme. Additional benefits you will receive include:
- Annual bonus scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus all public/bank holidays
- Long service awards (10-40 years)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Employee assistance program (EAP) to support and advise with well-being and any issues
How to Apply / Next Steps
Our Production Shift Leader vacancy is an urgent appointment. As such, GWP will be working to swiftly identify and review the best applicants to select the ideal candidate to commence as soon as possible. Please click 'Apply' to make an application, ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, and shortlisted applicants will typically hear from us within a week or two.
Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of the process. However, if you haven't heard from us within four weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.