Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
Package: Basic Annual Salary £24,000-£26,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours: Full time (40 hours) Monday to Friday
Holidays: Starting at 23 days, rising to 27 days with service. Plus, bank holidays
Sector: Bespoke Packaging
Here at Macfarlane Packaging, our established design & manufacturing operation in Grantham is currently hiring for a range of production operatives to start work on full time, permanent salaried contracts. Please note – salary will be dependent on specific skills & experience as well as department of employment e.g. roles within the timber area require specific woodwork skills which carry a higher rate of pay than the general production/assembly operative roles.
Operative Role & Responsibilities
Joining one of our busy production departments, you will find yourself working within a small team manufacturing/production environment, using a range of hand-held tools, machinery and/or undertaking specific assembly duties. Each of our manufacturing areas work to produce bespoke packaging components in line with customer orders and specification, so your core tasks and responsibilities could vary, but will include the following…
- Use a range of machines & tools including Router, various Saws & Nail guns etc.
- Use of corrugate conversion machinery
- Assembly of complex bespoke packaging
- Taking responsibility for jobs from start-to-finish, effectively completing projects (in line with customer order specifications, quality guidelines and within agreed deadlines)
- Effectively interpret technical drawings and to follow the best method of manufacturing / assembly
- To ensure all job instructions are followed safely & accurately to meet the required quality and output levels
- Completing all relevant documentation accurately and promptly.
- Following all quality guidelines accurately as stipulated by the customer order specifications
Who we are looking for
We welcome your application if you are an experienced production operative who is used to working within a busy semi-skilled manufacturing environment. You will ideally be familiar with using a range of associated hand-tools and machinery (i.e., as a timber operative, you will have woodworking skills and experience of relevant tools), whilst upholding health, safety & quality standards. We empower our colleagues to have real ‘ownership’ of their own projects, so you will relish this and be happy working to deadlines.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds irrespective of your age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion or sexual orientation. Should you require any specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: –
- 23 days annual leave (rising with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free onsite parking (or nearby) at most of our sites
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Enhanced HR policies relating to various employee rights & entitlements
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies
Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement. We actively encourage up-skilling to promote flexibility & allow for movement between our departments where possible.
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review suitable applications swiftly in the hope of selecting our favored candidates to commence with us ASAP. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within a fortnight of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.