Outbound Sales Coordinator
Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
Outbound Sales Coordinator
Location: Gloucester (Quedgeley)
Basic salary up to £25,000 plus additional OTE £3,000 & additional uncapped commission earnings & flexible benefits package including up to 27 days holiday (Plus additional annual leave purchasing scheme)
Sector: Packaging distribution
Macfarlane Packaging, the UK’s largest packaging distributor have an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales professional to join our team based in Gloucester (Quedgeley). We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions ‘dignity in the workplace’. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. Appointing and nurturing sales talent across our business is key to our continued growth.
The Outbound Sales Coordinator Role
Sales Coordination is a key part of what we do, providing the crucial ‘bridge’ between our customers and our internal purchasing, logistics and external field sales teams. This fast-paced, multi-faceted role will see you handling inbound customer enquiries and processing sales orders. In addition you will be working closely as part of a team with the external sales executive, to develop the customer base, incorporating new lines and finding new prospects together. Your role will also require you to make outbound calls to lapsed and existing customers on a daily basis. This position is wholly office based and focussed upon customer engagement. You will be focussed on understanding customer needs, to ensure opportunities are realised and first class service is provided at all times. On this occasion we are seeking to hire someone on a full time basis, working Monday to Friday.
Outbound Sales Coordinator Key Duties
- Managing and developing a portfolio of existing accounts, effectively maintaining profitability
- Dealing with incoming customer queries and providing advice & solutions
- Undertaking outbound activity to help identify and target new customers
- Working closely with and supporting the external sales team
- Administration of sales orders/quotations, ensuring customer delivery dates are met
- Regular use of internal CRM system
- Closely liaising with internal departments such as logistics and procurement
Do you have the correct profile?
We know that this role will ideally suit an experienced internal sales person who can demonstrate a good track-record of success in a similarly fast paced position. That said, it’s often about character and personality. So if you fancy a fast paced & varied role where you can showcase your charisma in charming our customers and you’re not afraid to make outbound calls, we would love to hear from you. You will need to learn our internal systems (CRM etc.) but that goes for anyone and we will provide full training. It is however vitally important that you have a first class telephone manner (friendly and professional) coupled with strong administration skills. It also helps if you are commercially aware and target driven.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds irrespective of your age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, or sexual orientation. Should you require any specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits package can include: –
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Additional Holiday purchasing scheme (run annually)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking at the majority of our site locations
- Annual (company paid) volunteering day
- Range of company cars or cash allowance (including hybrid/electric) for qualifying job roles
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
- Enhanced HR policies relating to various employee rights & entitlements
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
- Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies)
Your future with us
Here at Macfarlane Group, you truly have the potential to shape your own future and set your own ambitions. We are a large group company where internal promotion and mobility is a key feature of our success. Through tailored career plans, we provide a wide range of structure training & development pathways, utilizing both inhouse expertise to share knowledge and the best-in-class external training partners. There is potential access to management & leadership development, and we work closely with recognised, accredited bodies including the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) & the Institute of Sales Professionals ISP). So there really are no limits to where your journey within Macfarlane Group may take you.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting the successful candidate to commence with us ASAP. Please note that Macfarlane Group supports ‘hybrid working’ where possible and we often conduct our first stage interviews via video. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.