HGV Class 2 Driver
Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
HGV Class 2 Driver
Hours: 40 (Monday-Friday 7am-3pm)
Location: Cricklade, Wiltshire
Package: Basic salary £26,208 plus bonus & company benefits.
Part of Macfarlane Packaging, GWP is one of the UK's leading packaging manufacturing businesses and we are seeking to employ an experienced HGV Class 2 Driver to join our established team. You will become part of a business established for more than 30 years, with a strong history of producing sustainable and environmentally friendly packaging. Being part of Macfarlane PLC (the UK's largest packaging distributor) and experiencing strong growth over the past three years.
HGV Class 2 Driver Role
We are looking for an experienced Class 2 Driver with valid category C Digi Card and CPC to work for a busy Logistics Department. The role involves travelling between our sites as well as the customers’ premises. You will be working with our Warehouse Department, which holds a wide range of stock items for our customers. You must be self – motivated and able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team. Accuracy, efficiency, and communication skills are key to this role as you will be responsible for the final presentation of our customers’ products.
HGV Class 2 Driver Key Responsibilities
- Driving any company vehicle in accordance with the legal requirements and Company procedures.
- Following all legislative requirements concerning Drivers’ hours regulations etc.
- Communicating with customers in a clear, concise, and polite manner and ensuring mutual respect at all times.
- Ensuring that any vehicle is driven with due care and attention, ensuring the safety of the general public and customers’ premises.
- Handling paperwork, delivery notes, Vehicle Checks etc.
If you have any or all of the following skills and experience, you will be a good fit for this position. However, if you have similar experience working within a maintenance/manufacturing environment and can demonstrate transferrable skills, please get in touch.
- Category C license (essential), Digi Card and Valid CPC.
- Qualified to rigid LGV in excess of 7500kg with Digital Tachograph experience
- Good communication skills
- Clean Driving license (ideally)
- License for Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Truck Advantageous
Benefits You’ll Receive
You will earn a competitive basic starting salary alongside a generous and achievable annual bonus scheme.
Additional benefits you will receive include:
- Annual bonus scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus all public/bank holidays
- Long service awards (10-40 years)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Employee assistance program (EAP) to support and advise with well-being and any issues
How to Apply / Next Steps
Our HGV Class 2 Driver position is an urgent appointment. As such, GWP will be working to swiftly identify and review the best applicants to select the ideal candidate to commence as soon as possible. Please click 'Apply' to make an application, ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, and shortlisted applicants will typically hear from us within two to three weeks.
Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of the process. However, if you haven't heard from us within four weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.