Business Development Manager
Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
Position: Business Development Manager
Package: Basic Annual Salary up to £45,000 (dependent on experience) plus bonus/commission (OTE up to £55,000), company car (or allowance), and benefits.
Region: Central England/Midlands (Remote working)
Sector: Manufactured/bespoke packaging solutions
Join Barum & Dewar, a proud member of the Macfarlane Packaging, and immerse yourself in the world of innovative packaging solutions. We specialize in crafting bespoke packaging for industries like defense, space, offshore, instrumentation, and industry. Our commitment to excellence is unwavering, extending from our design and development phase to the delivery of exceptional solutions. Discover a fulfilling career with us!
The Business Development Manager Role
Due to our ongoing growth, we are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to lead expansion efforts in the Central England/wider Midland’s region. This role involves managing existing accounts and, more importantly, exploring untapped opportunities in this region. With over 25 years of building a strong reputation for innovative and cost-effective packaging solutions, we emphasize exceptional service.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, but executing a remote sales role, you will be the primary point of contact for our customers in this area, taking the lead in:
- Creating and implementing a business plan for the allocated territory to maximize sales while always delivering excellent standards of customer service and support.
- Adopting a consultative approach with clients to tailor appropriate solutions to meet their needs, maintaining a strong knowledge of our full product range.
- Nurturing and expanding existing customer relationships.
- Identifying and converting potential new customers into business opportunities.
- Proactively cold calling as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Growing, maintaining, and leveraging your professional network.
- Identifying potential clients and the decision-makers within client companies.
- Researching and building relationships with new clients.
- Planning approaches, sales presentations, and pitches.
- Meeting yearly and monthly sales targets assigned to you.
- Maintaining strong sales administration to follow up on all leads, enquiries, and quotes.
- At all times, seek to enhance the reputation of the business while ensuring our core company values are upheld.
Do you have the correct profile?
We invite applications from experienced (B2B) sales professionals who possess the drive, energy, determination, and tenacity to spearhead new business development and customer acquisition. You should also be a proficient account manager. Your experience and salary level will reflect your qualifications, but, for us, it’s about finding the right character and personality with the core traits required for success.
What’s essential is that you have recent B2B field sales/customer-facing experience, can demonstrate a track record of impressive performance, are open to learning about our business and sector, and are comfortable with a technical solution-based sales approach. A fully valid UK driving license is essential, and you must reside within the wider Midlands area. As this is also a remote role, you will be comfortable working from home and have a home office available for use.
Macfarlane Group welcomes and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, or sexual orientation. If you require specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a rewarding bonus scheme. Our benefits include:
- 22 days of annual leave plus all public/bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company car or allowance
- Laptop and mobile phone
How to Apply/Next Steps
This is an urgent appointment, whereby we will be working to identify and review the absolute best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting the successful candidate to commence with us ASAP. To apply, please click ‘Apply’ and ensure that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, and shortlisted applicants normally hear from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process. However, if you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.