Business Development (Load Containment)
Macfarlane Group UK Ltd
Business Development Manager
Territory: UK Wide/National
Sector: Load Containment Specialist (Packaging, Stretch Wrap, Strapping, Stretch Wrappers & Strapping Tools)
Basic Annual Salary up to £50,000 (dependent on experience) plus bonus/commission (scope to earn 100% of salary), company car (or allowance) & flexible benefits package including hybrid working, up to 27 days holiday (Plus additional annual leave purchasing scheme)
Sector: Packaging distribution
Macfarlane Packaging, the UK’s market leading packaging distributor are currently hiring for an experienced packaging sales professional to join us and help spearhead new business growth within the load containment arena. Operating across a range of industries, our company provides packaging solutions to a diverse customer base. Dynamism, proactive support, exceptional customer service and innovation are all hallmarks of our culture and within our innovation labs, customers can interactively select tailormade products to meet their needs.
The Business Development Manager Role
Part of a growing team, reporting to the Sales Director and undertaking a national coverage role, your focus will be on stretch film, strapping & machinery sales, providing solutions for consumable and system applications. You will utilize a consultative and solutions-led approach to develop a strong sales pipeline and convert new customers nationwide.
This is very much a sales development/new client acquisition role. You’ll be spending much of your time on the road/in the field attending meetings to identify, on-board and develop new customer accounts.
Working both collaboratively with our national sites and regional teams (accompaniment visits), you will support sales colleagues whilst also working to generate your own leads via a range of networking, cold-calling and marketing led approaches. You will be comfortable in conducting customer packaging audits, making recommendations, preparing proposals/quotations, and closing deals, ensuring that new customers are on-boarded effectively, and relationships are maintained. There will be some stretching, but realistic targets set for sales growth, designed to motivate, and reward a genuine sales ‘hunter’ who will enjoy becoming a leading product specialist within their field.
Business Development Manager Key Responsibilities
- Identifying and providing solutions for stretch wrapping, strapping, and system applications.
- As a category specialist, working with sales colleagues across the business to optimise solutions and close new business opportunities
- The development of your own customer prospect base and support the development of stretch film and machinery sales, through a consultative sales approach nationally
- Delivering training & awareness days across our regional distribution centres, to drive focus and awareness of your category and the opportunities this brings to the customer and organisation
- Focus on delivering best value solutions (incorporating cost, sustainability, and performance) for customers whilst considering relevant external factors
- Prepare and propose semi-automated to fully integrated packaging solutions in line with customer requirements and stakeholder expectation
- Deliver the machinery & consumable sales, with a view to securing an extended supply agreement for the consumables between the company and the customer
- Compile and perform customer packaging audits incorporating the ‘Packaging Optimiser.’
- Host customer days at the Innovation Lab to showcase ‘Load Containment’ solutions offering and to identify where value can be added to support ROI
- Responsible for the collation of commercial and service proposals, communicating with relevant senior stakeholders to ensure viability and profitability is agreed
- Project manage the implementation of solutions exceeding customer expectations & support local load containment specialists in this regard
- Support the category manager with supplier management & selection & forge strong partnerships with suppliers of both machinery & consumables
Do you have the correct profile?
We would love to hear from you if you are an experienced packaging sales professional who genuinely feels they have what it takes to join us and spearhead new business development and customer acquisition.
It is important that you can demonstrate previous success in selling similar packaging products/solutions and that you have a truly consultative approach. You will hold a valid UK driving license and whilst we are open minded on location, willingness to travel extensively and stay away during the week on occasions is also essential. You will also be using a CRM (dynamics) alongside the usual MS Office products, so computer literacy is important.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds irrespective of your age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, or sexual orientation. Should you require any specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: –
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Annual paid Volunteering Day
- Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
- Enhanced HR policies relating to various employee rights & entitlements
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
Your future with us
Here at Macfarlane Group, you truly have the potential to shape your own future and set your own ambitions. We are a large group company where internal promotion and mobility are a key feature of our success. Through tailored career plans, we provide a wide range of structure training & development pathways, utilizing both in-house expertise to share knowledge and the best-in-class external training partners. There is potential access to management & leadership development, and we work closely with recognized, accredited bodies including the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) & the Institute of Sales Professionals ISP). So there really are no limits to where your journey within Macfarlane Group may take you.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the absolute best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting the successful candidate to commence with us ASAP. Please note that Macfarlane Group supports ‘hybrid working’ where possible and we often conduct our first stage interviews via video. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.macfarlanegroup.careers.